Il libro, disponibile sul sito di PacktPub e scritto da Francesco Fullone e Francesco Trucchia, è una guida che punto per punto spiega come installare, configurare e creare un sito usando gli strumenti di base messi a disposizione dal CMF …Leggi il case study
Many businesses and organizations depend on older high-value PHP software that risks abandonment because it is impossible to maintain. The reasons for this may be that the software is not well designed; there is only one developer (the one who created the system) who can develop it because he didn’t use common design patterns and documentation; or the code is procedural, not object oriented. With this book, you’ll learn to identify problem code and refactor it to create more effective applications using test-driven design.
What you’ll learn
- What refactoring is and why you need to refactor code
- What test-driven design is and why you need to test your code
- How to write unit and functional tests with PHPUnit and Selenium Remote Control (RC)
- How to detect “bad smells” in PHP code, and refactor them using test-driven design
- How to refactor a large procedural application affected by many bad smells
Who is this book for?
This book is for PHP developers, businesses, and developers relying on legacy PHP apps.